MKS Instruments is a global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions that measure, monitor, deliver, analyze, power and control critical parameters of advanced manufacturing processes to improve process performance and productivity for our customers. Additional information can be found at www.mksinst.com.
As MKS is a federal contractor, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and show proof of same by start date as conditions of employment, except where an exemption (due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that prevents you from receiving the vaccine) has been approved by MKS.
Are you naturally curious? So are we at MKS. Our collective curiosity drives us to be an innovation leader in many industries. Our products drive technology advancements across a wide range of applications such as 5G, augmented/virtual reality, autonomous vehicles, clean drinking water and space exploration. We are a team of collaborators who value fresh thinking and believe in mutual respect, constructive candor, diversity and inclusion. As a valued and trusted partner to our customers, we are continually pushing the boundaries of possibility. We believe in creating technology that transforms our world and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team. If this is appealing to you, we want to meet you.
We are looking for an exceptional Digital Signal Processing Engineer who can help us develop the next generation of high-end control platforms which differentiate our products in the market.
- Evaluate and compare existing signal processing/control blocks used for RF plasma processing
- Research new signal processing techniques to improve RF plasma system measurement and control
- Map ideas to hardware (FPGA, DSP, etc.) for testing on plasma systems
What will you bring to the team, along with your curiosity is:
- Pursuing a MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related field; expected completion in December 2022 or May 2023
- Background and Interest in applications of Control Theory
- Strong Foundation in System Theory including linear systems, Fourier Transforms, Eigen-decomposition, SVD
- Interest in Signal Processing including digital filter design, frequency response analysis
- Bonus: knowledge of communication systems, modulation theory, heterodyne receivers
Globally, our policy is to recruit individuals from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, noncitizen nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.