Job Position Number: KCR0058
Salary: $15.50 Hourly
Duration of Assignment: Summer 2022 (12 ½ 1eeks)
Program: Kansas City Regional Office
Job Location: This position is with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Division of Environmental Quality, and will be located at 500 Northeast Colbern Road, Lee’s Summit, Missouri 64086.
Why you’ll love this position:
As an intern with the Water Protection Program (WPP) Section in the Kansas City Regional Office (KCRO), you have the opportunity to make a difference every day. You can make a positive impact protecting the environment and human health by investigating water quality concerns and assisting with inspections. You will join a team that is highly effective and collaborative, with leadership who embraces the value of people.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources protects our air, land, water, and mineral resources; preserves our unique natural and historic places; and provides recreational and learning opportunities; while promoting the environmentally sound and energy-efficient operations of businesses, communities, agriculture, and industry for the benefit of all Missourians. Join a professional and easy-going team that is highly effective, collaborative, with leadership who embrace the value of people and the environment.
What you’ll do:
- Investigate water quality concerns
- Assist an Environmental Specialist team member
- Shadowing of water pollution control work would include stormwater, land disturbance, and domestic wastewater facility inspections and concern investigations
- Assisting inspectors with their equipment and samples, participate in conducting observations of facility conditions
- Occasionally accompany inspectors that work in other environmental media
Professional Experience to be Gained:
- Understanding in the area of environmental regulation in Missouri, specifically in the area of water pollution control
- Opportunity to visit a wide variety of regulated facilities, and participate in the compliance inspection process
- Trained in the basics of engineering review and investigation, and will have opportunity to practice technical writing skills
- Graduate or undergraduate student with major in biological science, environmental science, chemistry, natural resources, geology, engineering, or related field.
- Ability to use MS Office software.
- Walking, sitting or standing for long periods of time may be necessary to conduct office or field work
- Licensed driver and able to provide transportation to and from the office, as well as be able to drive fleet vehicles to conduct field work
If you have questions about this position please contact:
Adam Paige, 816-251-0746, firstname.lastname@example.org
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.