Job Description Overview:
The Coordinator of Health Services strengthens and facilitates the educational process by modifying or removing health related barriers to learning in individual students and by promoting an optimal level of wellness for students and staff. The coordinator serves as a leader for the school health department in leading school nurses and school health office assistants and assumes responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, and intervention, evaluation, and/or referral activities. They serve as the direct link between physicians, families, and community agencies to assure access and continuity of health care for students. They provide relevant instruction, counseling, and guidance to students, parents, and staff concerning health related issues. They uphold professional standards, the state Nurse Practice Act, and other state and local statutes and regulations applicable to school nursing practice; and adheres to district policies and administrative guidelines.
Training and Licensure:
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in nursing with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 grading system in course work.
• Preferred: Master’s degree in nursing.
• Valid Wisconsin license as a registered nurse.
• Certification in CPR.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Candidates should have a commitment to equity, social justice, and culturally and linguistically responsive practices.
• Bilingual candidates (Spanish/English) are strongly preferred.
• Commit to high standards, ethical principles, equity, social justice, honesty, fairness, and treating others with dignity and respect.
• Exhibits strong critical thinking skills and clinical decision-making skills.
Full Job Description available by request.