How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The vision of the Adolescent Health Initiative (AHI) is to transform the health care landscape to optimize adolescent health and well-being. AHI is searching for a Marketing & Events Assistant to support the planning of events that work to share adolescent-centered research and best practices with a national audience of health care professionals.
A primary goal of AHI’s events is preparing health professionals to better support adolescents across and within their identities. The AHI team works to ensure that their events promote evidence-based practice and prioritize care for youth across a wide spectrum of identities. This includes, but is not limited to, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender and non-binary youth, youth across intersecting racial identities and experiences, migrant youth, young people across socioeconomic statuses, system-involved youth, young people from all religious backgrounds, expectant or parenting teens, adolescents that have disabilities or identify as disabled, and any identity marker that impacts a young person’s experience as it relates to health. Qualified candidates for this position should be committed to supporting this type of work.
The Marketing & Events Assistant supports the coordination and execution of the Annual Conference on Adolescent Health, and the Connection Session by coordinating stakeholder communication, event registration, data collection, and deliverable tracking. It is important that the Marketing & Events Assistant prioritizes inclusion and accessibility in their planning processes.
Qualified candidates should possess strong organization and communication skills. Applicants should enjoy working as part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary team, and share the AHI values of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Collaboration, Expertise, Innovation, Quality, and Responsiveness. For this role, it is important that a candidate is committed to working intentionally to equitably represent and center diverse communities in their work.
The Marketing & Events Assistant also serves as an important member of AHI’s Marketing Team that works closely together to advance the vision of AHI through strategic practices. This group values active collaboration, feedback, and support.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Creates and coordinates event registration pages using Cvent, the event management platform
- Coordinates and tracks speaker, youth, and volunteer communication for events using email and Microsoft Excel
- Coordinates the award submission and tracking process for the Annual Conference on Adolescent Health using Qualtrics survey platform and email
- Supports coordination of the Call for Proposal submission and tracking process using Qualtrics, email, and Microsoft Excel
- Supports the coordination of event planning timelines, and tracking deliverables using Asana, the project management software
- Supports the coordination of staff, volunteer, and professional advisory committee schedules for events using Microsoft Excel and AsanaBuilds surveys to support data collection for events using Qualtrics
- Other duties as assigned in support of AHI’s larger vision and marketing goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organization skills
- Values accessibility as an important part of their work
- Experience with Qualtrics, or an equivalent survey creation platform
- Experience with event management platforms
- Experience with event promotion
- Experience with health care or youth-serving organizations
- Microsoft Office Suite experience, particularly Excel
- Demonstrated event planning experience
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing racial equity (either in work, volunteer, or personal experiences)
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.