THIS POSITION IS FULLY REMOTE – WORK FROM HOME!
The Arizona Smokers’ Helpline (ASHLine) is located within the Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health at the University of Arizona and funded by the state tax on tobacco products. The ASHLine has been helping people quit tobacco since 1995 and offers free telephone and Web-based tobacco cessation services and provides free training and technical assistance to healthcare providers throughout the state of Arizona. ASHLine is seeking a Client Support Team student to work as part of a team in serving as the first contact for potential ASHLine clients.
15 hours per week minimum
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of students and help them get the most out of their natural talents within their shift time.
- Lead a team of 2-3 students.
- Collaborate with your supervisor and peers to discover best practices and brainstorm ideas to solve challenges big and small.
- Conduct daily administrative work; color code and review calls from Call Messages, Referrals, and Evaluations.
- Provides brief tobacco cessation intervention on initial client contact to Helpline;
- Provides guidance and support to clients relative to tobacco use
- Complete Intake, Referral and Survey calls.
- English/Spanish-speaking preferred
- Professionalism and strong verbal & written communications skills a must
- This position requires availability/flexibility during holidays, weekends, winter break, spring break, summer, etc.
Available Work Hours:
- Monday – Thursday 7am-8pm
- Friday 7am-6pm
- Saturday 10am-2pm