MediaAlpha is a customer acquisition solutions provider powered by technology and data science. The company provides industry-leading solutions designed to reach consumers shopping within high-consideration categories such as property and casualty insurance, health and life insurance, personal finance, travel, education and more.
MediaAlpha is growing into the Agent Lead Marketplace, where insurance agents can now acquire consumer leads through our transparent and efficient platform. To help grow our agent lead business we are looking for a talented Sales Development Professional (SDR). In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and contacting the right Insurance Agency partners for MediaAlpha. Reporting to the Inside Sales Manager, you will prospect and generate appointments on behalf of our Account Executives.
Covid remote currently. Then hybrid on-site schedule in the Tempe office beginning around September, unless governing health advice says otherwise.
Objectives of this Role
- Represent MediaAlpha’s agent team, starting with a comprehensive understanding of our target agents and our lead platform
- Participate in high-volume cold calling (125 – 200 dials per day) and emailing to engage with interested prospects
- Qualify, build and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives for next steps
- Refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing techniques to qualify for review and assessment for possible Associate Account Executive in 6-9 months
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Utilize Salesforce, RingDNA, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities
- Identify prospect’s needs and suggest appropriate product
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set-up meetings or calls between prospects and the sales executives
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly and quarterly results
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is ideal
- No experience, no problem! We’ll train!
- 6+ months of sales experience, a plus
- You have a dynamic personality with a customer – focused mindset
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- You are tech-savvy (Salesforce, RingDNA, Slack, GSuite)
- You are coachable – you are willing to accept constructive feedback.
- You are persistent and passionate about sales
- You possess the ability to function both independently and as part of a team.
- You are willing to lend a hand and celebrate the success of your teammates.
- You are comfortable working in a scaling startup environment
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You possess a positive, can-do attitude
- You are goal-oriented and view the bigger picture: we all chip in and support each other to hit our team targets and company goals!
* * *
- $40,000 base salary + $10,000 bonuses (paid quarterly) + equity compensation.
- High-quality health and dental care plans with zero deductibles and no employee contributions.
- Flexible spending account.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 401K company contributions (after 30 days).
- Professional training and education reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks (e.g., mobile phone program, gym membership, employee lunches).