Accounting Specialist Intern
5G is changing the world. Be part of that change. MD7, a leading provider of innovative solutions to help mobile network operators is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented Accounting Specialist Intern to expand the team.
1. Do you have a strong attention to detail with data entry?
2. Do you love following recipes?
3. Does supporting teammates and clients in a high energy, fast paced office excite you?
4. Do you want to gain experience in areas such as creating invoices, excel spreadsheets, and purchase orders?
If you answered yes to these questions, please read on. As our organization continues to evolve and grow, we are launching an intern program to provide individuals with unique work experience within a fast, growing industry!
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting/Payroll Manager, the Accounting Specialist will provide accounting support to major accounting areas, focusing on accounts payable and accounts receivable. This person will be responsible for invoicing customers and making payments to vendors and subcontractors. Other responsibilities include monthly account reconciliations, application of customer payments, expense tracking, and the forecasting of cash receipts.
Major goals and responsibilities
· Ensure that vendors are accurately paid by creating purchase orders, entering vendor invoices into the accounting system
· Create and submit a high volume of invoices to customers.
· Independently research and resolve billing issues.
· Track incoming payment receipts includes forecasting expected payment date and identify and report on any past due invoices.
· Ensure information is accurately reported: includes tracking expense and revenue items on spreadsheets, data entry, filing or other projects as needed.
· Assist in the month end closing process includes assisting the accounting department in various accounting related tasks.
· Communicate with clients and vendors includes printing and mailing checks, creating purchase orders, and making sure the vendor is accurately paid
Key Characteristics to be Successful in this Role
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to enter data with an extremely high degree of accuracy
- The ability to work fast and efficiently
- Be able to prioritize
- An understanding the accounting rules and processes, including GAAP.
- Must have strong skill using Microsoft Excel and be able to organize and manage extremely large databases. Proficiency with pivot tables and comparing different sets of data (VLOOKUP’S) is essential.
- No prior experience necessary for candidates with a Bachelor’s in Accounting/Finance
- Candidates without a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an accounting field
MD7 Core Values
Our Vision and Core Values are both foundational and aspirational at the same time. We never quit striving to improve. We’re always looking to recruit exceptional talent that share in these values as well.
· Respect for the Individual
· Balanced Life
· Giving Back
· Continuous Improvement
· Extreme Service
We work hard to provide our interns with exposure to various areas of the business, face time with company executives and leaders, and a one of a kind company culture!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pay Range: $15/hour
Employment Type: Paid Internship
How to Apply: We have a one of a kind hiring process that starts with calling our job line at 858.766.6001. We look forward to hearing from you!