McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The state of healthcare is complex, but our shared purpose isn’t: Help people get the medicine they need to live healthier lives. CoverMyMeds solves medication access challenges for patients throughout every step of their journey through a unified brand that now encompasses RelayHealth, RxCrossroads by McKesson, McKesson Prescription Automation and CoverMyMeds.
Our combined experience spans nearly 90 years and together, we’re applying our expertise to solve some of the biggest problems in healthcare. We accelerate innovative solutions for problems like medication affordability and adherence in way that everyone wins — from providers to pharmacies, payers to biopharma and, especially, patients. By combining automation and expert intervention, the company provides prior authorization, prescription decision support, specialty patient support, core adjudication network, patient assistance programs, clinical and behavioral adherence and patient empowerment solutions.
We’re proud to be an integral part of McKesson Corporation and embody the shared values and leadership behaviors of the greater organization.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Software Engineering Intern in our Atlanta, North Druid Hills office.
This Job is a Paid internship for full time work for 10 weeks. The intern will be assigned a project-focused opportunity as a Software Engineering Intern working within a software scrum team and contributing to the team’s product roadmap. You will also work directly with an Intern Coordinator and Sponsor.
- Design, build, deploy, test, and debug components in accordance with SDLC best practices
- Involves routine tasks of limited scope associated entirely with the role.
- Works on clearly defined tasks.
- Work is closely managed and reviewed regularly. Follows specific, outlined, and detailed procedures
- 18 Years of Age
- College Sophomore, Junior, or Senior with an engineering major focus in the area of Computer Science or similar
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to Work in the United States
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to work within a team environment coordinating development tasks with others
- Have experience coding in a modern programming language such as Python, Java, C#, or GO
- Knowledge of cloud development within GCP, with the ability to perform basic development tasks
- Can demonstrate the process of debugging a software component
- Have some experience developing UIs in Angular or ReactJS
- Familiar with Github and modern source control process
- Base understanding of secure software development practices
Must be authorized to work in the U.S, now or in the future, without support McKesson.
Relocation is NOT budgeted for this position.
CoverMyMeds is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!