MassChallenge is looking for an outgoing, highly driven and focused contributor to play a pivotal role across the FinTech and HealthTech Vertical Programs as the Startup Program Manager of MassChallenge Vertical Programs.
You will be responsible for the overall management of MassChallenge Vertical Programs’ sourcing efforts and the relationship development and management with startups, mentors and other stakeholders as well as own curriculum development. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will lead and drive startup research, sourcing and outreach, and startup applications for both programs. You will play a critical role in identifying the best startups for our partners. Additionally, you will cultivate strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.): We are looking for individuals from underrepresented races, sexual orientations, genders, identities, abilities, and experiences to join our team, enhance our culture, and increase our diversity of thought. We recognize that skills are gained in many ways, whether it be through professional, academic, or lived experience. We also know that it’s not always easy to apply for a job if you’re not sure you check every box in the job description. There is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate, so no matter your background and how you identify, we encourage you to apply for this job if it would make you excited to come into work every day.
A note on start date: this role is expected to start in mid-January 2022.
A note on work location: As our Boston, Providence, and Texas offices reopen in 2022, we are shifting to a hybrid work environment. This means some roles require in-person time in a MassChallenge office, while other roles can be virtual all the time within the US. This role is considered an in-person role, based out of our Boston, MA office which will have all required safety protocols in place. There will be two designated ‘in office’ days each week for this role (likely Tuesdays and Thursdays) and you can choose to spend the rest of the week in the office or working virtually. Note that we are not able to provide relocation assistance at this time.
What You’ll Do
Program Strategy & Execution
- Support Vertical leadership with strategic program planning.
- Oversee the research, sourcing, outreach, and relationship management of startups.
- Ensure successful Program delivery and high-quality experience for startups and mentors, including optimizing startup engagement and measuring startup satisfaction.
- Collaborate with leadership to set KPIs and goals for key activities such as sourcing and applications.
- Create ways to improve the Vertical Programs and how those improvements align to the strategies of the community, company, and program.
- Develop strategic partnerships with mentors and key stakeholders.
- Own program curriculum design and development.
- Track program data (startup information, applications data, etc.) and report on Program progress as needed.
Management, & Collaboration
- Work closely with the Operations and Partnerships teams on program curriculum and other key activities.
- Collaborate with the Partnerships team to ensure that the Startup Success efforts are complementary to and in support of the efforts with the partners.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Vertical and related programs as needed.
- Manage 2 Northeastern Co-ops within the Verticals team.
Who You Are and What You Bring
- You have at least 3-4 years of related experience of professional experience (in business, marketing, communications, or a related field).
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment under pressure.
- You possess a proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are extremely resourceful.
- You are capable of dealing with ambiguity and changing priorities and circumstances.
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship and the startup space.
- You are a mission-oriented thinker.
Who We Are
MassChallenge is the global network for innovators who are working to solve massive challenges. We connect startups, experts, corporations, and communities to grow and transform businesses and economies. At MassChallenge we:
- Help entrepreneurs build the next generation of transformational businesses by connecting them with the resources, partnerships, and communities that help them launch, grow, and scale their startups.
- Help our partners build, grow, and evolve their corporate innovation practices.
- Leverage the power of entrepreneurship to strengthen global innovation ecosystems.
How We Work
Our mission is to equip bold entrepreneurs to disrupt the status quo and to create meaningful change. Our mission is BIG and so we are a team that gives 110% to it every day. Our Guiding Principles ensure we stay true to our mission and our core beliefs:
- Put Community First
- Own It
- Love the Problem
- Build for Impact
- Connect and Collaborate
Whether you’ve never heard of an accelerator, you’ve had your own startup, or you are new to the world of entrepreneurship, we use certain words at MassChallenge to describe our work that might be new to you. Here are a few words you have seen throughout this job description and what they mean to us:
- Program: A startup accelerator program at MassChallenge that is location or industry based that conducts its own applications, cohorts, and curriculum, such as MassChallenge Boston, MassChallenge Texas, or MassChallenge FinTech.
- Experts: MassChallenge Experts are a core pillar for every MassChallenge accelerator. MC Experts are seasoned business leaders and entrepreneurs who volunteer their time to support startups as mentors, judges, and curriculum facilitators.
- Judging: MC Experts serve as judges to identify the top startups to participate in and rise as winners for any MC program. The various judging rounds include either an online or an ‘in-person’ pitch.
- Partner: An organization that has teamed up with MassChallenge to collaborate on achieving their own innovation-related goals and learn best practices for working with and integrating startups into their organization.
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help strengthen the global innovation ecosystem.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work at MassChallenge and why you are a match for this job.
MassChallenge is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected class. Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.