The Product Development function is part of Macy’s Supply Chain division and is responsible for driving sales growth and profitability through exclusive brands. The Product Development team owns assortment execution and is responsible for building and managing Macy’s Private Brand programs. The team is instrumental in building the vision of Macy’s Private Brands and works with Sourcing to achieve desired final product cost and Brand / Category IMU targets for its products. The Product Development teams work closely with the buying and sourcing teams to ensure the translation of design intent into an approved sample that meets the brand’s aesthetic, style and fit needs at the cost and margin targets required. Key responsibilities include executing against the assortment strategy and participating in milestone meetings.
The Product Development Executive Development Program allows you to gain valuable experience and training while jump-starting your career at Macy’s. You will experience a combination of structured and hands-on training while becoming an integral part of a performance-oriented team that encourages collaboration and sharing new ideas. The Executive Development Program will be in the New York City corporate offices with start dates throughout the year based on business need.
- Receive professional development through a combination of hands-on learning, structured workshops, and collaborative projects
- Build relationships with business leaders and team colleagues
- Assist in managing and tracking all meeting samples requested for area of responsibility
- Review sample execution with team
- Assist in creating initial styles in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system & Order Management System (OMS)
- Support in preparation for Mid-Point / Pre-Line Review, Line Review Meetings and Post Buy Recap meetings
- Assist in keying assortment purchase orders (PO) as well as managing and tracking POs throughout the season
- Work with Product Associate to update IMU Roll-Up throughout the season
- Competitive shop to understand competitor assortment
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
Choose an item.
Choose an Item
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- All majors will be considered for this opportunity
· Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to influence others. Strong storytelling and presentation skills
· Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
- Must have excellent mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of profitability and statistical inference to practical situations
- Readily grasp numerical concepts and interpret financial information accurately
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to think through problems and apply strategies to solve
- Ability to multitask and collaborate cross functionally with multiple internal and external business partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong trend and pattern recognition skills
- Basic understanding of financial performance metrics and assortment planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – advanced proficiency in Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, macros, advanced formulas, etc.) is a plus
- Run and interpret reports and operate system tools as assigned by supervisor
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building abilities
- Ability to streamline processes
- Exhibits high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy
- High aptitude; process information quickly with ability to offer solutions to challenges with strong decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage across all levels
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
Click here to enter text.
· Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
· Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
· Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
· Frequently lift/move up to 10 lbs.
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, and Blue Mercury – is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.