The Global Commodity Management team is responsible for Lumentum’s Global direct materials Supplier Base development to ensure the best material cost for the company and continuity of materials supplies. We are looking for ways to improve the business processes and visibilities of material cost roadmap. The GCM Analyst intern role will support current data base maintenance and improvement with guidance from the team leaders.
The GCM Analyst Intern responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain negotiated price and sourcing rules in Agile and in Oracle and ensure data integrity.
- Review PPV data and provide recommendations to GCM and finance for corrective actions.
- Critical shortages management:
- Develop custom reporting and analysis for internal requirements.
- Identify and mitigate potential supply risks
- Track material flow for all suppliers to ensure on-time delivery
- Expedite materials as needed based on MRP
- Qualified candidates will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Supply Chain Management, Business or related majors. Students must be returning to school following the internship.
- Strong communications, initiative, and teamwork
- Strong experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong experience in using other data analytic tools is a plus.
- Independent and time sensitive.