Lumentum’s commercial lasers sales group is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual to join us in our 12-week paid summer 2021 internship program. Our group sells a wide variety of lasers to a wide variety of customers and applications. We are continually in pursuit of opportunities that result in long-term growth and revenue from customers, markets, and relationships.
The Market Analyst Intern’s responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- Provides actionable overall market and customer insights to address key strategic questions.
- Analyzes external and internal customer data using database queries, spreadsheet models, and statistical analysis tools.
- Desktop research around competitive positioning of Lumentum’s offering
- Database collection an cleanup of customer and prospects details
- Support creation of account plans on large accounts
- Creates PowerPoint presentations to provide market and customer insights.
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry websites, publications, and announcements.
- Examines risks and potentials for the business opportunities.
- Students must be returning to school following the internship.
- Qualified candidates will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Business, Management or a related major.
- Strong communications, initiative, and teamwork
- Strong experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM software
- Ability to deliver presentations
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources