Interlibrary Loan Services provides interlibrary borrowing and document delivery to LSU faculty and students, and interlibrary lending to other libraries, nationally and internationally as part of our reciprocal agreements. The Resource Sharing Specialist is the primary full time employee responsible for supervising and performing borrowing and document delivery duties. They also serve as backup for interlibrary lending and assumes the responsibilities of the unit head in his/her absence.
- 30% Processes interlibrary borrowing requests requiring advanced and complex bibliographic verification using LSU Library, OCLC, and internet resources. Places orders for requests initiated by LSU faculty, staff, and students in a timely manner, assuring requests are handled the same day when possible. Solves problems with ILL software and processes patron renewals. Communicates with local patrons via e-mail, chat, phone, and at Access Services desk as needed.
- 20% Works outside of ILL software environment to obtain rare or hard-to-find materials, directly contacting libraries. Interprets complex and non-English language citations using specialized electronic and print reference materials as necessary. Resolves complex problems presented by library users that may involve enforcing/making exceptions to library policy and procedures. Assists patrons at the service desk and by phone.
- 10% Assists with Interlibrary Lending as needed, including the timely processing of interlibrary lending requests and the preparation and shipping of requests. Supervises lending operations in absence of Lending Specialist.
- 10% Maintains and adopts reciprocal agreements between libraries. Maintains electronic custom holdings to ensure efficient selection of lending libraries during borrowing processing. Processes and sends lost and damaged item invoices.
- 10% Manages document delivery services, including the processing, verification, and fulfillment of incoming requests; delivers scanned items electronically.
- 10% Locates, records and classifies access issues for local electronic resources. Identifies discrepancies between library catalog and electronic holdings, and between local holdings and the OCLC database. Identifies and tracks issues between library search engines and the ILL patron interface. Provides input and feedback about other library search tools as needed.
- 10% Assumes responsibilities of Department Head in their absence. Monitors chat service as needed. Processes student time sheets in absence of student supervisor. Supervises and trains graduate assistant. Provides training and support for other borrowing processors. Develops and maintains manuals concerning Borrowing duties. Keeps up-to-date with current trends associated with resource sharing and staff development by attending conferences and other training opportunities.
Two years of relevant work experience
Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office software
Experience working in a library; coursework in library science; experience with interlibrary loan procedures
Be sure to attach a cover letter with your resume/C.V. Provide three professional references including name, title, phone number and e-mail address. A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, original transcripts are required prior to hire.
LSU requires the COVID-19 vaccine for all students, faculty, and staff or mandatory monthly testing. New employees must either submit proof of vaccination within three (3) days of their official start date, otherwise be entered into the mandatory monthly testing protocol beginning in November 2021.
Additional Position Information:
Background Check – An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits – LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (email@example.com).
COVID-19 Vaccine Protocol:
LSU requires the COVID-19 vaccine for all students, faculty, and staff or mandatory monthly testing. New employees must either submit proof of vaccination within three (3) days of their official start date, otherwise they will be entered into the mandatory monthly testing protocol beginning in November 2021.
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu