Kimley-Horn is looking for a recent college graduate for our Sacramento, CA office who has a passion for Human Resources and College Recruiting!
At Kimley-Horn, we do things differently. People, clients, and employees are at the forefront of who we are. Our commitment to quality is only as good as the people behind it— that’s why we welcome and develop passionate, hardworking, and proactive employees. We take pride in how our employee retention, robust benefits package, and company values have led to Kimley-Horn’s placement on the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work” list for 14 years!
This College Recruiter/HR Coordinator will be based out of our Sacramento, CA office, but will serve Kimley-Horn’s 8+ offices in the California Region.
A few of the responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the College Recruiting team to conduct end-to-end/full-cycle recruiting of regional college-hires and summer interns. This includes working with our Applicant Tracking System (ATS); sourcing and screening candidates; extending offers; and managing follow-up communication with the candidate and hiring team.
- Help create the annual college recruiting strategy. Research and report on different University programs as well as market, maintain and establish our brand on campus.
- Maximize Kimley-Horn’s exposure on campus. This includes presenting information about Kimley-Horn to student organizations, attending campus recruiting fairs, working with career centers; and executing intentional diversity outreach
- Proactively follow up with candidates and hiring managers, schedule interviews and track progress against goals for college hires.
- Support the new hire on-boarding process, including conducting orientations and assisting with the integration process.
- Coordinate and plan the regional internship program as well as new hire trainings.
- Other responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to involvement in integration and retention processes and programs, coordination of employee review process, employee benefits assistance, and other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-1 year of professional work experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written communication, presentation skills, and relationship-building ability.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with limited daily supervision.
- Ability to travel (typically approximately 25% annually; however, we are continuing to evaluate necessary travel in light of the current COVID pandemic.)
- Peak college campus travel seasons include September-October and February-March with some overnight travel
- Travel locations generally include west coast career fairs and Kimley-Horn office locations
- Some national travel may be required for firm-wide trainings
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.