Are you interested in a hands-on real-world learning experience directly related to the skills needed in a full-time construction career? In this internship, you will have the opportunity to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within construction management.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s South Central District is one of Kiewit’s leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil, transportation, and water resource markets. Projects you could be working on could include mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more. Most of our work is regionally based in the south-central region of the United States throughout the entire state of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Colorado, and Louisiana. However, we also work on various joint venture projects across the United States. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to design.
Kiewit’s South Central District has a home office in Fort Worth, Texas but leads work all over Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Colorado, and Louisiana. However, one of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
– Support the South Central District environmental department with regulatory research
– Keep abreast of Federal environmental legislation and regulations and conduct regulatory research
– Assist with developing minutes for conference calls and training
– Graphing data for environmental performance review(s)
– Assist with preparation and presentation of environmental training
– Participate in field exercises at projects and conduct vendor reviews
– Overall department support and duties as assigned
– Pursuing a degree in environmental science or related field in environmental compliance or engineering
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
– Detail oriented, flexible and highly motivated
– Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
– Effective time management and organizational skills
– Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
– Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
– Team player but able to work independently to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives
– Willingness and flexibility to travel as needed and relocate to a project in Summer 2021
– Ability to work 40+ hours a week in the summer
Base Compensation: $15.00/hr – $23.00/hr
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.