There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US)
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Engineering Summer Intern 2022a – 76481
We’re looking for driven engineers to help us make an impact! The John Deere Engineering Internship Program is an opportunity targeted for college students. Engineers are supported in experiencing foundational engineering practices within Product, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineering.
Make a difference
- Want to help build the technology to feed, clothe, and shelter the world? That’s what we’re all about at John Deere!
Reveal YOUR potential
- There are countless ways you can apply your engineering degree at John Deere. We will work with you to advance your career while advancing the technologies that will build a better world.
Identify YOUR path
- At John Deere, you hold the key to your future. Each employee uses their talents to write their own unique engineering journey, defining where they will end up.
Build YOUR community
- Be instantly plugged into our network of mentors, managers, peers, and resource groups to support you in translating your interests, skills, and visions to find the path that suits you best.
Skills You Need
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Ag Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum cumulative GPA required of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Previous internship, co-op, or project focused research experience.
- Skill in using computer aided design, engineering tools and/or programming language.
Location, location, location! This opportunity resides at multiple US based facilities in the Midwest and Southeast regions, so you must be willing to relocate domestically.
Work Statement: US Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Interns receive competitive compensation and are eligible for many of the benefits offered to full-time employees.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.