Engineering & Operations Intern Job Description
Intern assignments vary by business, location, and business needs but they are all challenging and rewarding. Interns join a community that is there to help them, challenge them, and develop them. They work together to solve real-world challenges, sometimes spurring innovations that change the way we do business. An internship at Cipla is an opportunity to learn through real experiences. This may include a role in Engineering, Maintenance, or EHS.
Your intern assignment, generally 10-12 weeks, will be focused on specific departmental needs. You will be assigned various projects to work on related to your field. Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
· Assuring system and product quality.
· Assisting in keeping systems operational.
· Assisting in coordinating maintenance and repair services and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion.
· Assisting in monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company guidelines or SOP (standard operating procedure).
· Installing, configuring, and testing operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
· Assisting in documenting information, creating labels, and organizing files.
· Assist in moving, lifting, painting, and/or building objects as required by the business.
You will be required to attend a volunteer event and professional development seminar as part of your internship experience. You will also be assigned a ten (10) to fifteen (15) minute presentation at the end of the internship to express what you learned throughout your time working at Cipla and what you are taking away from the experience.
· Enrolled in or completed Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree program focusing on Engineering, Software Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other relevant STEM majors.
Professional and Behavioral Competencies:
· Strong analytical and technical skills with experience in industry standards and development methodologies.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
· Leadership skills, project management skills, and organization skills.
· Ability to simplify and communicate complex data.
· Able to effectively communicate and assist teams of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
· Must communicate clearly and concisely across levels, both orally and in written.
· Able to prioritize, plan and work under tight schedules and deadlines.
· Must possess strong documentation and technical writing skills.
· Must be able to work under general supervision, independently, and in a team environment.
· Must be able to exercise appropriate professional judgment on matters of significance.
· Must possess attributes such as a drive to succeed, accountability, curiosity, authenticity, agility, candor.
· Must show a willingness to take initiative, get the work done, and take full advantage of the intern experience.
· Must have the ability to understand business strategy and organizational structure.
· Must be able to understand business policies, procedures, professional and ethical guidelines.
· Able to demonstrate responsibility, regular attendance, and punctuality.
· Strong command over written and verbal English is required.
Other Job Information:
· Bi-lingual Spanish language proficiency (reading, writing, and speaking) preferred.
· Must be willing to work in a pharmaceutical manufacturing setting.
· Must be able to life a minimum of 50lbs.
· Part time or full time work available.
· Must be geographically mobile (locations vary based on the business requirements).
· Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
· No remote work available.