Communications Intern, Spring Term (PAID)
We are seeking an enthusiastic intern to help Internet Association’s fast-paced communications team advocate through the press and our digital channels.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on experience working in tech and policy communications. Interns will also be able to participate in tech policy and career development seminars led by a range of experts in the field.
This is a paid internship. Due to continued COVID-19 precautions, this position is remote. The candidate has an option to work in the office under safety protocols if they reside in Washington, DC.
IA Internship Requirements
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree, undergraduate degree (senior), or recently graduated with B.A. or graduate degree, preferably in communication, public relations, political science, or a related field.
- Able to work 3-5 days per week during core office hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for the equivalent of a semester: January-April, May-August, or Sept-December.
Summary of Core Responsibilities:
- Provide research and administrative support, and assist with other duties that are assigned.
- Work alongside the communications team to draft communications materials, including statements, press releases, and blog posts.
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop collateral for brand awareness campaigns, events, and membership development.
- Provide logistical support for Internet Association events.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong creative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage time efficiently.
- Be a flexible and enthusiastic team player.
- Strong interest in internet policy.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Communications Internship”.