International SOS is the world’s leading Medical & Travel Security Services company in the world. We are in the business of saving and protecting lives, when involved in medical or security situations. With more than 11,000 multi-cultural medical, security and logistics experts providing support and assistance from over 1,000 locations in 90 countries.
Every day, we respond to the needs of others; it could be a health-related inquiry, security advice or medical emergency assistance. Whatever the need is, we are there to support our clients and their global workforce. Protecting people and saving lives is our passion and our business.
Our Operations team is looking for Travel Advisors to provide travel advice based on COVID-19 related exit, entry and mobility restrictions to a multinational client base. This role will be based in Trevose, PA.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opening new files and managing existing files (updating the client employees’ data, confirming correct information, closing files, etc.)
- Receiving calls, emails and potentially “Chats” to provide direct travel restriction advice and to ensure these are processed in accordance with internal standards and protocols
- May be required to collate basic client travel, logistical and relevant other information so that the query can be directed to the relevant team, who will then provide relevant advice. This will include reviewing written (email) and verbal (phone calls) information. Deliver best-in-class tailored written and verbal travel advice on mobility restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic to International SOS’ client travelers and managers in North and South America; as well as to provide back-up support to other global Assistance Centers. .
- Research and verify the latest information on government entry, transit, exit, quarantine and testing requirements utilizing internal and online resources. Update internal databases or reference documents as necessary.
- Check relevant commercial carriers latest operational status, precautionary measures & protocols implemented for travel, i.e travel passes and any new digital travel processes
- Maintain clear and accurate case records, consistently displaying due diligence and attention to detail.
- Properly document all matters relating to these requests using the telecommunication and computer systems made available by the organization (e.g., case management system).
- Seek and listen to customer feedback and escalate all feedback so it can be used for quality improvement. Take responsibility for correcting customer service problems promptly.
- Manage an allocated load of cases and ensure that case details and direction are communicated appropriately and efficiently across the team.
- Work harmoniously with colleagues in the Travel Logistics, Security, International Operations and Medical teams, and other Assistance Centers.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook) and ability to learn internal case management systems.
- Capacity to comprehend a given situation, information, and requirements quickly and accurately.
- Quick and efficient online research skills and ability to interpret complex information.
- Multi-tasking and ability to handle a large case volume, prioritizing tasks appropriately.
- Good worldwide geography knowledge.
- Welcoming and professional telephone manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of working within a general Customer Service focused environment.
International SOS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.