Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks an Intern to provide administrative and coordination support for IREX’s New Business Development Unit. The development team focuses on new business development and international recruitment for proposals. They work across IREX’s Practices (Education; Communities and Governance; Information and Media; Youth; and Leadership) to produce proposals for U.S. and foreign governments and private donors.
IREX is seeking an Intern available to work 20 or more hours per week (though schedule is flexible).
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Well organized, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree related to international development preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and detail-orientated approach
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the international development field
- Comfort with budgets and facility with Excel preferred
- Knowledge of a foreign language preferred
- Knowledge of U.S. Government program funding preferred
- Speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in English required
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your Daily Tasks
- Performs research and analysis on a variety of new business development related issues, as required
- Supports all aspects of designing and preparing proposals in response to donor funding opportunities
- Assists with proposal editing, proofreading, formatting, and budgeting, as needed
- Assists with drafting proposal content, as needed
- Assists in recruitment of staff for proposals and preparing staffing documents for proposals
- Updates and formats program materials and web content
- Other duties as assigned.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled