Job Description-This is a part-time (~20 hours), flexible-hours, year-round studentship position.
OTF (Ocotillo Technology Fabrication) is looking for highly motivated individuals to play a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems. The programs will provide a set of methodologies, processes, architectures, and technologies that transform raw data into meaningful and useful information used to enable more effective strategic, tactical, and operational insights and decision-making. Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Partnering with a team of engineers to design automated solutions
- Willing/able to upskill peers on their areas of expertise
- Develop Defects and parametric performance metrics
- Creative problem-solving skills and lateral thinking (the solving of problems by an indirect and creative approach, typically through viewing the problem in a new and unusual light) desired to help deal with the high level of ambiguity that is associated with the problems often encountered in the job role.
- Hands-on participation with frequent factory floor presence is expected. The candidate will have bandwidth for training in Process Engineering module as well as Data Systems applications to assist in the creation of meaningful Scripts/Reports.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Good communication skills
- Good teamwork
- Strong problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must be an actively enrolled and progressing as a student pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field .
- Must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must be in the 3rd year or higher of Bachelor of Science degree program.
- This position is located in Chandler, Arizona, relocation will not be offered for this position.
- This position is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship. Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master’s or PhD degree, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years’ related job experience. This position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position that only requires a Bachelor’s degree and less than three years’ experience.
- Programing Experience: Preferred languages include, but are not limited to: Python, C#, JSL.
- Technologies/Platforms/Frameworks/Libraries including: DBaaS, PaaS, Containerization/CaaS, Flask, React, Angular, Blazor, ASP.NET MVC, WinForms, Plotly, DataTables.NET, Tabulator.
- Knowledge of handling large size data tables (such as Pandas)
- Knowledge of database access (connections and querying data, SQL, LINQ)
- Statistical Data Analysis. (Examples include: JMP/JSL, Python, Machine Learning)
- Expertise with GitLab
- Physics of Semiconductor Materials.
- Semiconductor fabrication & processing techniques (Lithography, Etch, CMP, Thin Films, Plating, etc.)