Development Intern – New York, New York (remote)
The Development Intern provides general support to the Development Department. The Development Department creates and implements the organization’s fundraising efforts in both creative and strategic ways. The Development Intern will be working with the three core teams of the Development Department— donor relations, events, and foundations. Interns will work remotely. A computer and stable internet connection are required for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with maintaining database records
- Conduct research on potential donors and Board members
- Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
- and summarize potential donor engagement opportunities
- Implement marketing strategies and create marketing materials
- Assist with copy editing and preparing of proposals and reports
- Track deliverables and maintain foundation calendars, as necessary
- Assist Special Events Team in preparation and logistics for events
- Plan and present creative projects and engagement opportunities at events
- Depending on availability, provide assistance at events
- Each internship position will also have its share of administrative support including but not limited to stuffing envelopes and administrative duties like proofreading, file cleaning, and data entry.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong computer and research skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Event planning experience a plus
- Organized and detail-oriented approach to projects
- Ability to prioritize duties, meet deadlines, and be a team player
- Interest in human rights a plus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, an accredited undergraduate university.
START DATE: January 24, 2022
TIME COMMITMENT: 10 – 30 hours per week
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 3, 2021
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please include a resume and cover letter, all in PDF format.
Human Rights First is committed to recruiting, retaining, and developing staff from a diversity of backgrounds, including members of racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, people of all socioeconomic backgrounds, people of all nationalities, and veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We believe that a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment that welcomes a range of perspectives make us stronger and more effective.