Essential Job Functions:
- Member of the contracts organization in the negotiation, management and administration of assigned R&D contracts. Specifically understand the R&D environment related to contracting and its differences from a production environment.
- Negotiate, manage and execute customer contracts, modifications and necessary supporting contractual documents throughout the life cycle cradle to grave of the assigned program effort and serves as custodian of all assigned proposal and contractual documentation.
- Adhere to a standardized, detail-oriented contracts administration policy and process, including responses to requests for quotes and proposals, management of contract and modification requirements, and responses to queries on existing customer contracts.
- Assess complex solicitations and support proposal submission and negotiation efforts, including collaborative interaction with Pricing, Technical Program Management and other Departments as necessary.
- Establish, negotiate and administer terms and conditions for all contract types, standardizing these elements wherever possible.
- Communicate directly with customers, both Government and commercial, regarding issues, contract submittals, responses and modifications.
- Adhere to internal and Government procedures to reliably flow down to all relevant parts of the company all necessary aspects of customer contract terms and requirements and administers company performance and compliance with said terms.
- Reports to the Deputy Contracts Manager and actively liaisons with both the Manager of Contracts, Subcontracts and Procurement and Legal to ensure pending contracts are aligned fully with pertinent standards.
- College degree preferred and mandatory 3+ years of in-house contract administration or similar transactional experience in a role that requires direct interaction with potential Government and commercial customers, vendors, internal stakeholders, and in-house Legal.
- Understanding of full contract lifecycle from proposal phase to contract closeout for both Government and commercial customers.
- Professional ability to communicate well with both internal and external customers in a diplomatic manner and build relationships.
- Ability to be inquisitive and cooperative in thinking to work with other disciplines and collaborate on ideas and thoughts in resolving complex problems.
- Sophisticated ability to understand problems and apply conceptual thinking to solve problems.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple concurrent projects and tasks.
- Team mentality with the flexibility to address unique issues in real-time and the awareness to know when bring in others.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively time manage projects, schedules and workload with little supervision.
- Proficient and effective in using MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs to quickly analyze data, make informed decisions, and present information effectively.
- Strong knowledge of Government contract types and FAR/DFARS regulations highly desired.
- Working knowledge of basic cost and accounting principles related to progress and milestone payments.
- Computer skills using Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Pro required
Essential Physical/Mental Requirements:
- Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time and be able to access all locations of the company property.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with people and have a focus on customer service for internal customers.
College degree preferred and mandatory 3+ years of in-house contract administration or similar transactional experience in a role that requires direct interaction with potential Government and commercial customers, vendors, internal stakeholders, and in-house Legal.
Able to work flexible hours. U.S. citizen or permanent resident status required.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)