As Lab Scientist Intern, you will generally be responsible for all such duties and responsibilities as are appropriate, and specifically responsible for the core duties outlined below. As a member of the Heraeus team, you will be expected to devote your full business time and best efforts to the performance of your duties and to the furtherance of Heraeus’s interests.
In this role you will be able to learn along-side our Engineering and R&D team during a variety of tasks such as:
- Single reaction cell microwave digestion chemistry
- ICP-MS analysis and method validations.
- Learn and become proficient in SEM, EDS, Confocal 3D laser microscope, ICPMS, XRF, XRD, Partial size analyzer, TGA, ambient and sub-ambient Dilatometer, surface analysis, Surface tension, single reaction cell digestion, Carbon & Sulfur analysis, Dialectic impedance, Phase array analysis and wet chemistry.
- Calculations and conversions in ppb, ppm, weight %, on salt or oxide basis, gravimetric conversions and molarity calculations.
- Carrying out routine tasks and any non-routine task deemed necessary by the lab manager.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Documents information by maintaining logs and equipment record books.
- Follows methods and write new analytical methods.
- Weekly lab cleaning.
We are looking for individuals to invest in themselves and their future with this hands on experience with one of the global leaders in its market. The individual should possess:
- Willingness to learn
- Be reliable
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of excel, control charting, regressions, formulas, graphing.
- Working towards a degree in geology, chemistry, physics or material science.
- Following strict safety protocols and proper use of PPE.
- Ability to work in team settings