FleishmanHillard’s Los Angeles/San Diego office is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time paid three-month intern position. Interns are an integral part of our team, giving participants real-life experience and skills that will help them succeed in their communications careers in the future.
Interns will assist our consumer lifestyle and technology client teams with their public relations and communications activities.
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
This full-time paid internship is 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, working pacific hours. Our program is three months long with the potential for extension or full-time position.
- Ideal candidates will have graduated and completed college coursework in journalism, public relations, communications or related fields
- Fundamental writing, research, communications and critical-thinking skills
- Prior internship experience at a public relations firm or corporate communications department is ideal; Prior internship or school-related experience where the role involved writing, content creation, social media, etc.
- Precision in using tools for media and influencer analysis such as MuckRack, Cision and Tagger
- Media relations experience including media list building, pitch writing and media communication
- Proficient in social media research, strategy and platforms including content development, social listening and trend monitoring
- Ability to work easily in both large team environments and independently
- Self-starter able to manage remote working with team members across FH network; Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and video/web conferencing platforms
- Interest in working with clients across the consumer lifestyle, business, technology and healthcare spaces
- Demonstrates the ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn from our industry-leading team of counselors