Leading the world’s sustainable energy future, First Solar interns work around the globe/country in research and development, marketing, project development, information technology, engineering, energy services and much more. When you work at First Solar, you will be challenged every day and provided real world experience. You will be given the opportunity to find new solutions and develop new skills to further advance your skillset. At First Solar we strive to foster a culture that encourages innovation through collaboration, urging colleagues to take smart risks, learning from failures and course correcting, and owning personal accountability for contributing to our mission.
Expected Length of Internship:
Available to work in Spring 2022
- As an internship company, we allow flexibility to enroll in classes while working as an intern, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the essential functions of the position.
- Previous experience in an operations environment preferred
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Currently enrolled in a degree program for Supply Chain, Business Administration, or a closely related field
- Must currently be enrolled in a Bachelors, Master’s or PhD program who is fulfilling a graduation requirement for their degree
- First Solar encourages all interns to register their internship with their University.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to make quick decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
- Knowledge of SAP and/or other ERP system functionality is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Basic Internship Scope (Project):
In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Support the Perrysburg Purchasing Team with:
- Assuring purchase orders are issued timely and accurately.
- Negotiating prices with assigned vendors as necessary.
- Expediting deliveries as necessary to meet operational needs.
- Analyze and resolve aging purchase orders.
- Create & Maintain Purchasing Master data.
- Perform other duties as required by leadership
- Upon the completion of this internship, the intern is required to present their accomplishments and project summary to the leadership team.
US Physical Requirements:
Office Physical Requirements:
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.