Leading the world’s sustainable energy future, First Solar interns work around the globe/country in research and development, marketing, project development, information technology, engineering, energy services and much more. When you work at First Solar, you will be challenged every day and provided real world experience. You will be given the opportunity to find new solutions and develop new skills to further advance your skillset. At First Solar we strive to foster a culture that encourages innovation through collaboration, urging colleagues to take smart risks, learning from failures and course correcting, and owning personal accountability for contributing to our mission.
Expected Length of Internship:
Minimum 3-6 months. Extension project based.
Flexible shift hours
- As an internship company, we allow flexibility to enroll in classes while working as an intern, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the essential functions of the position.
- Engineering Background
- Statistical Background
- Data analytics
- Have used statistical software for analysis in the past
- Knowledge of sixsigma or structured problem solving is a plus
- First Solar encourages all interns to register their internship with their University
- Engineering or Data science:
- Material Science
- Data analytics
- Engineering Technology
Prefer Graduation by 2022 summer
- Proficient in Excel a must
- JMP or other statistical software a plus
- SQL or Python coding knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated abilities of rootcause identification and solution implementation using engineering or data analytics experience
- Demonstrated communication and written skills
- Demonstrated cross functional working skills
Basic Internship Scope (Project):
- The intern will support improving Yield for the site and continuous improvement projects on wattage for solar panel
- Do basic analysis on scrap data
- Report on daily status and support investigation
- Learn new software for handling scrap and JMP statistical software of analysis
- Work independently with various groups on assigned investigations in collecting, organizing and reporting on observations and rootcause analysis
- Create PowerPoint presentations and present in technical forums
- Create Standard operating procedure documents, deploy on factory floor and monitor for successful implementation
- Learn production floor logistics and support execution of experiments
- Support sample preparation for lab work
- Able to work first or second shift on as needed basis
- Upon the completion of this internship, the intern is required to present their accomplishments and project summary to the leadership team.
US Physical Requirements:
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
- Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.