***PLEASE NOTE: This position is posted year round however, Esperança will only accept applications for the fall, spring, and summer semesters during the following dates:
- Fall: June 15 – 30
- Spring: October 15 – 31
- Summer: February 15 – 28
Reports To: International Program Director
Time Commitment: Varies
Summary: The Biomedical Engineering Intern will support with high-level program management projects focused on improving access to clean water, improved housing, food security, health education, disease prevention and treatment in Bolivia, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Ecuador, and Peru. This work is accomplished through our international partners and surgical missions.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with sorting, inventory, and packaging of donated medical supplies and equipment
- Assist with researching donated equipment purpose and values
- Assist in data collection and process improvement for Access database
- Assist with testing and diagnostics of biomedical equipment, when available
- Assist with additional program tasks as determined by Program Director
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and extreme attention to detail
- Proficient in Word and Excel, experience with Access a plus
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required
- Experience in a clinical setting is a plus
Learning Outcomes: Intern will receive professional, personal, and skill development with International Program Director. Intern may have an opportunity to work with Biomedical Engineer during equipment testing and diagnostics.
Minimum of 10 hours per week.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: International Program Director, Anna Ortiz at email@example.com