Location: Chattanooga, TN, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Environmental Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading brands — Heil Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can, 3rd Eye, and Soft-Pak — to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through extensive voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and proven industry expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible products and providing world-class support. For more information, visit www.doveresg.com.
ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company. Dover is a diversified global manufacturer and solutions provider with annual revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, consumable supplies, aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 23,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what’s possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under “DOV.” Additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group – Heil Environmental
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Reports to: Supervisor, Supplier Quality
Department: Supply Chain
Initiate external supplier quality improvement processes using techniques such as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing to achieve defect-free dock to line parts. Knowledge and use of APQP and PPAP tools to drive improvement of PPM’s and other Heil KPI’s are essential. This position will have the primary responsibility for performing supplier audits, root cause analysis, and corrective actions for all supplier quality issues. Additional key activities include collaboration with Engineering design teams in development of new mobile refuse products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Drive timely resolution and cost recovery efforts related to sub-standard quality purchased components and/or sub-assemblies.
- Lead efforts to initiate and finalize root cause analysis and corrective actions (i.e., 8Ds, 5Ys, A3s, etc.) with Heil’s supply base when issues occur in the plant or field.
- Conduct supplier audits ensuring appropriate process and QA controls are in place to allow for dock to line defect free product while ensuring OTD performance.
- Compile and analyze product warranty data. Use data to drive focused product quality improvement activities with suppliers.
- Actively participate with Engineering design teams in new product release and or product improvement activities.
- Establish and maintain APQP process that links Heil’s internal developmental activities with those of the supply chain.
- Work with suppliers to develop and approve PPAPs for new parts.
- Use knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean techniques to train suppliers to drive process improvement throughout their plants and the whole supply chain.
- Develop process to align subcontractors with Heil’s realization processes.
- Prepares and issues all necessary reports and/or correspondence. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, and Minitab (14B or higher), or QI Macros.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with ability to read blueprints or equivalent experience.
- Four years work experience in manufacturing engineering, design engineering, purchasing and/or materials, or closely related field.
- Candidate should have strong analytical and technical abilities.
- Formal Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma experience and ASQC or CQE certification preferred.
- Strong leadership and control of work processes from beginning to end is necessary. The job demands fast, but carefully thought-out results.
- Hydraulics and Electrical Knowledge is a Plus.
- Must be able to handle multiple wide range tasks.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with senior internal and external customers as well as end-users of related products and services.
- The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams as well as lead team projects.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects at once and to complete quality work in a timely manner.
- Skillful in communicating difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with computer-based information and systems, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Travel for this position is between 25%-50%.
Strong Business Acumen and Sound Judgment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.