This is an internship position for a student to support R&D projects related to: Synchrophasor applications for advanced monitoring and control. Looking for a student who can work in the 2022 fall semester/quarter (September-December).
Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will support the EPRI team by developing and testing simulation models for wide area grid monitoring protection and control. Simulations and modeling are expected to be conducted using electromechanical dynamics simulation tools (e.g PSS/E) and real-time simulators (RTDS and/or OpalRT).
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering required
- 2 years of PhD studies (preferred)
- Electrical engineering Ph.D student with emphasis on power systems
- Strong experience with synchrophasor technology and applications
- Strong experience with electromechanical dynamics simulation tools (preferably PSS/E and PSLF)
- Strong experience with digital simulators (RTDS and/or OpalRT)
- Strong programming skills (preferably for Python and Matlab)
- Experience with electromagnetic transients simulation tools (preferably PSCAD and EMTP) will be considered a plus
- Experience with wind/solar inverter modeling will be considered a plus