The Electronics Group of Crane Aerospace & Electronics designs and manufactures high-density, high-reliability electronics for our aerospace, space, military, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. From the Mars Rover to implantable defibrillators; from submarines to fighter jets, our products have proven their ability to operate in the most demanding environments.
Our product line includes power management products and sophisticated electronic radio frequency components and subsystems. As a total solution enterprise, we offer our customers electronic manufacturing services, engineering support services, product development, and production service sets. Our products are found in the most complex commercial and defense applications.
We have an Internship opportunity for a Production Planner at our Chandler, AZ office. This position is flexbile to your schedule and has the opportunity to convert to a full time position after graduation! In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that parts are completed and delivered to our customers on time. This involves managing the flow of materials on the assigned Value Stream, from order entry through the production build.
- Opens and releases production “work orders” to the Master Production schedule.
- Tracks material status and delivery to insure support of current and changing plans.
- Review Master Production Schedules and Work Orders and confer with Planners, Supervisors, Sales and Engineering to communicate daily priorities for specific customer orders to shop floor; Coordinate materials delivery information with Buyers as necessary
- Balance the cell capacity and material availability.
- Push, Monitor and Annotate ECOs, holds and deviations.
- Initiate and track weekly “Finance” work in process (WIP) cycle counts.
- Work with return material authorization (RMA’s).
- Route WIP scrap off work orders.
- Proactively assist in monitoring routing and BOM accuracy.
- Troubleshoot material issues
- Creates travelers (tells how to build a product) as needed.
- Daily communications with production, purchasing, inspection and engineering.
- Constantly look for ways to improve a process in order to reduce lead-time and eliminate non-value-added activities.
- Ensure assemblies transitioned from Engineering to Production have updated and accurate lead times, routers and BOM’s.
- Education: Must be completing Bachelor’s degree in next 6-9 months.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Oracle experience is preferred.
- Sound analytical skills, focus on results, customer focus, communication skills, adaptability and teamwork.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail, efficient, and able to work at a fast pace while producing great work.
Special Work Conditions:
- Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- This position requires access to controlled data or information and therefore only US persons will be considered. As a US Department of Defense contractor, we are bound by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.