Sign-on Bonus of Up To $6,000 for Eligible Registered Nurses!
The Maricopa County Correctional Health Services Department is hosting an On-The-Spot Hiring Event on November 12, 2021, from 9am-2pm & 4pm-6pm! Join us at Maricopa County Sheriff’s Training Center located at 2627 S. 35th Ave, Phoenix, AZ. Walk-in and walk-out with a new career at Maricopa County!
RSVP is available by email, CHS.HR@Maricopa.gov, but walk-ins are welcome.
Check out the Hiring Event Flyer: https://bit.ly/3bxrfwY
About the Position
New nurse Grad? No problem. Experienced nurse? Fantastic! Out of state? We have relocation assistance for you!
As a Registered Nurse for the Correctional Health Services (CHS), you help fulfill the mission of providing medically necessary, evidence-based integrated health care to patients going through the judicial system. Our nurses are engaged, lifelong learners who believe in a culture of collaboration, communication, and a team approach to quality patient care. Daily, you will respond to the medical needs and provide necessary continuity of care that may emerge during a patients’ stay in the county jail system.
As a County employee, you will enjoy benefits such as medical and dental plans, paid time off, continuous training, enrollment in the state retirement plan, and many exciting benefits offers. Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates!
Check out our compensated shifts in addition to our base wage:
- An additional $2.60 per hour for hours worked between 2:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- An additional $4.30 per hour for hours worked between 10:30 pm – 6:30 am
About the Department of Correctional Health Services
It’s time for you to utilize and perfect your talents.
Correctional Health Services (CHS) is an industry-leading healthcare organization for the incarcerated population. Our department’s culture promotes collaboration, continuous training, and flexibility. We challenge our team to spearhead initiatives, break down barriers, and advance their expertise.
Apply now to work with a dynamic group of diverse and talented professionals.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- A valid, unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing or issued by another state recognized by the Arizona Board of Nursing as a multi-compact license state.
- Compact licenses will be accepted for the interview process
- A valid Arizona nursing license is required upon hire
- BLS/CPR/First Aid certification training is provided during new hire orientation
- Must successfully complete an MCSO-HR fingerprint/background check
Our Preferred Candidate has
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a registered nurse in Medical/Surgical, ER, or Urgent care and in a Psychiatric setting
Essential Job Tasks
The tasks listed are a representation and not an all-inclusive list of essential job tasks for this position.
- Provides assessments and implements appropriate nursing interventions
- Monitors patients’ progress as appropriate and evaluates outcomes
- Performs standard nursing procedures appropriate to patient needs
- Completes and processes all required documentation, including plans and discharge planning in a comprehensive, objective, and legible manner
- Provides health-related education to patients as appropriate to patient needs
- Administers medication and addresses other pharmacological needs as protocol dictates and performs basic intravenous and phlebotomy skills as required
- Participates in orientation and training of new employees, contract staff, students, and others needed
- Functions as a unit charge nurse as required
- Maintains current BLS (CPR) certification
Must be able to work inside a jail. Must be able to respond to emergencies. Must be able to get on the floor and perform CPR chest compressions.
The Maricopa County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates considered to be the most highly qualified. Those selected will be assessed based on the evaluation of listed education and experience. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a list provided by Human Resources.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically, successful candidates are hired at a salary rate up to the midpoint of the range, based on relevant experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.