SEO Specialist Student
Understanding your audience, analyzing trends and positioning our City businesses where it’s most competitive are foundational to exceptional marketing intern teams and SEO. A search engine optimization specialist intern can help better rank our website, but he or she can also help discover new opportunities.
Keyword research in its purest form is simply audience research. It’s data based on how users are discovering what you offer. It can tell our City which companies are currently competing and how many users are searching, and it can even help empower our product and feature development by highlighting the various needs of your audience (Residents, Businesses, and Investors).
This type of data is critical not only to lead gen/sales, but also to all other City departments, and it should be properly distributed.
As someone who started off in SEO, I believe a great search engine optimization specialist intern does exceptional technical SEO, content and link building. They also can be an exceptional resource for understanding our audience and communicating industry/audience trends.
Here’s a sample of the types of tasks our SEO intern executes:
- Building new links
- Creating and strategizing new content
- Promotion of content
- Detailed keyword research
- Finding new opportunities within search engine results pages
- Understanding and communicating audience trends
- Auditing changes made by development for possible SEO downside
- Analyzing analytics and reports
Student Major Categories:
Public Policy, Social Work, Business, Marketing, Research, Graphic Design, Math, Communication, Film / Television & Theater, Computer Science, Urban and Regional Development, Urban Planning, Journalism, Information, History, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Public Health, Law, MLS, Economics, Sociology, Photography, Architecture, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Student Program Level:
Masters level students
Non-degree seeking students
We are looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing/advertising team. Our marketing department produces quality work for the City of South Tucson area and seeks an intern who can participate in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure in local government and the role of student intern within the marketing department. From handling and create our marketing plan, to casework, to assisting with research, organization of meetings, and events with the student and city staff. This internship will give you a first-hand experience within the operations of the local government.
This position is also available virtually. Students who are not able to report to City Hall will have the option to work from home.
- Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with the fulfillment of marketing offers
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Prepare presentations
- Open and sort mail
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities in marketing
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
Dear students, we are glad to have you apply for our position but It is also important to be clear with you about the duration of this internship. We want you to be aware that you are not entitled to a job at the conclusion of this internship. It is only a temporary position. Renewal of your internship is under the discretion of the Head Project Manager Council member Akanni Oyegbola
**Please inquiry with your institution if this internship qualifies for education credit**