The Account Executive (AE) plays a major role by providing leadership to the other student interns. The AE is assigned many accounts on the department’s client roster. This is because the AE needs to have an intimate understanding of their client’s core business, and also ensures that a strong working relationship is established between the client and the AE. The AE coordinates tasks with other interns for project completion whereby assignments from clients, and working with them to create creative briefs for the Creative Department. The AE also handles budgets, pitches, timing of jobs (in conjunction with traffic), and the day-to-day running of the department.
This is someone who has been there, done that, this is a senior or Junior student who has a massive 27” iMac (with the fastest processor). This person is responsible for the quality of work produced and steering a team of creatives. It takes many years of experience to get to this position. This individual can identify the root of a problem and understand different perspectives. They are an inspiration to those around them and are well respected by people they work with.
· Masters level students
- Undergraduate students
- International students
- Non-degree seeking students
** Senior or Junior student position **
We are looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing/advertising team. Our marketing department produces quality work for the City of South Tucson area and seeks an intern who can participate in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure in local government and the role of student intern within the marketing department. From handling and create our marketing plan, to casework, to assisting with research, organization of meetings, and events with the student and city staff. This internship will give you a first-hand experience within the operations of the local government.
This position is also available virtually. Students who are not able to report to City Hall will have the option to work from home.
- Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with the fulfillment of marketing offers
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Prepare presentations
- Open and sort mail
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Practical experience with current marketing and advertising techniques
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful marketing professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
Public Policy, Social Work, Business, Marketing, Research, Graphic Design, Math, Communication, Film / Television & Theater, Computer Science, Urban and Regional Development, Urban Planning, Journalism, Information, History, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Public Health, Law, MLS, Economics, Sociology, Photography, Architecture, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.