Community Services/Employee Resources
11/21/21 11:59 PM
The City of Fridley is seeking enthusiastic, friendly and highly motivated applicants for seasonalrecreational youth workers. This position is geared towards those who enjoy working with kids orin the outdoors, have a special skill to teach, or have experience or a desire to instruct youth.This position will support and implement the goals, objectives, and planned activities workingunder the general supervision of the Recreation department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Recreation Program Leader – $10.69-$13/hour
This position is responsible for ensuring participants receive a quality recreational experience ina safe environment within the City of Fridley’s recreation programming for youth ages 3-10.Examples of work performed include executing lesson plans, playing and interacting withchildren, chaperoning off-site field trips, communicating regularly with parents/guardians.
Shifts are weekday evenings with some weekend hours. Must be able to deal effectively withpeople and exhibit responsible judgment for the disciplinary actions in emergency situations.Must be able to establish and maintain tactful and effective working relationships with co-workers, program participants, and the general public. Must be dependable, punctual, andorganized.
All applicants must have a genuine interest in children and 2 years prior childcare experience(volunteer or paid). Bilingual preferred. Application deadline: November 21 at 11:59pm.
Warming House Attendant –
The position of Warming House Attendant is a part-time seasonal position for our outdoor rink atCommons Park. Candidates must be available to work approximately 8-16 hours per week fromDecember 17, 2021 – February 28, 2022 (weather permitting). Warming House attendants areresponsible for checking skates in and out; upholding all rink policies and procedures; openingand closing of warming house facility; leading special activities; assisting skaters; documentingof reports; cleaning of facility and perform other duties as assigned. Bilingual preferred. Multiplepositions available. Application deadline: November 21 at 11:59pm
Warming House Hours:
Monday – Friday 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday/Sunday: 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Holiday Warming House Hours:
December 25 – January 2, Jan 17, & Feb 21: 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
There will be a mandatory pre-season orientation prior to the rink opening for selectedcandidates.
Recreation Program Leader
1. Skilled in English both orally and in written communication.
2. Final candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background and reference checkprocess.
1. One year experience in a paid or volunteer youth leadership position.
2. Previous experience working with children.
3. Ability to maintain a positive image to the public.
4. Ability to make decisions using judgment and discretion in accordance with establishedpolicies and procedures.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, staff andparticipants in the program.
6. Experience working with cross cultural, socio-economic communities.
7. Experience working with computers.
Warming House Attendant
1. Sixteen years of age or older
2. Must be responsible, organized, and have leadership and decision-making skills.
3. Must be courteous, friendly and enjoy interacting with people of all ages.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Selection process: Decisions concerning an applicant’s qualifications for this position will bebased on information provided in application materials. Please fill out the application form asaccurately and completely as possible.
The City of Fridley will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant foremployment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, statuswith regard to public assistance, disability, age, membership on a local human rightscommission, or sexual orientation. EEO/ADAAA
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
7071 University Ave NE
Fridley, MN 55432
SEASONAL RECREATION WORKER