The purpose of this position is to primarily assist with the efficient program planning and operations of the City of Chandler’s Recreation Division. Under the direction of a Recreation Coordinator II, plans, organizes and provides supervision and oversight for assigned recreation activities, services, and facilities. A Recreation Division Intern may be assigned to one or more core program areas. These program areas include Adult & Youth Sports, Arts & Cultural Activities, Camps & Classes, Environmental Stewardship, Senior Programs, Special Events, Therapeutic Recreation, and Fitness.
Duties Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and directs a general program of recreation at an assigned school or activity center, including sports programs, drama, music, dancing, and arts and crafts programs;
- Plans, organizes, conducts and coordinates a wide variety of recreational and community service programs at a park, center and/or other recreation facilities, including meeting with public groups and communities to explain and promote programs; schedules activities and programs; coordinates programs with those of other departments agencies;
- Monitors program activities, including ensuring activities are running smoothly and responds to questions and complaints;
- Supervises and directs Recreation Leader I and II employees assigned to assist;
- Issues and receives recreation equipment;
- Accepts and processes reservations and registrations for individuals, groups, and facilities; maintains schedules for recreation facility use;
- Organizes and supervises field trips;
- Maintains attendance and activity records, score cards, and team standings;
- Maintains accident, incident, and emergency reports;
- Makes periodic written and oral reports, including budget updates and projections;
- May render first aid;
- Maintains order during activities and enforces rules and regulations;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies and procedures;
- Serve as facility resource person to all teachers, students, student clubs and activity groups;
- Offer informational, seasonal programming dealing with topics related to the program areas listed above;
- Conducts outreach and marketing activities with users, donors, sponsors and community groups and performs related work as required.
- Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows City-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting, and monitoring as outlined in the City’s Safety Handbook;
- Other duties as prescribed by Parks and Recreation Director or designated supervisor.
Applicants can contact Joshua Adams at email@example.com or Tiffanie Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and additional information.