The City of Bryan is seeking qualified candidates for Risk Management Generalist. This position assist in the evaluation and administration of the City’s employee wellness, loss control, workers’ compensation, liability, and other risk management programs.
- Conducts analytical work related to area of assignment, which may include employee wellness, loss control, benefit administration, workers’ compensation, and risk-related issues; ensures program compliance by conforming to applicable policies and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Serves as the City’s liaison and provides general oversight for the City’s Employee Health Center.
- Plans, administers, and evaluates the City’s wellness program and related activities; assesses the effectiveness of programs in meeting overall objectives; oversees the development and implementation of changes and improvements to the wellness program.
- Assists the Risk Manager in managing various insurance policies and renewals, including compilation of underwriting information.
- Assists in the preparation of fiscal year department budget projections.
- Provides general guidance to the Claims Specialist regarding workers’ compensation and liability claims management.
- Manages insurance schedule of assets, performing annual audits to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinates with various departments to assure compliance with insurance requirements based on services and work being performed.
- With direction from Risk Manager, provides insurance requirements for contracts, agreements, and bids.
- Assists with certificate of insurance tracking system maintenance and enhancement.
- Maintains all official insurance documents and files as well as insurance policies for special events.
- Assists with the development of requests for proposals (RFP’s) for Risk Management and employee benefit programs.
- Composes various reports, memos, flyers, and other documents related to specific Risk Management program needs.
- Develops and revises Risk Management related documents, procedures, forms; assists in the development of policies and procedures in assigned work areas.
- Serves as functional lead on special Risk Management related projects.
- Assists with employee and supervisor training pertaining to assigned work areas.
- Performs related duties as required.
$47,000-$55,000/yr (depending on qualifications)
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resources, business, health or similar field of study plus 2 years of related work experience in occupational health, benefits, insurance or risk management; OR an Associate’s degree plus 4 years of related experience as listed above; OR a High School Diploma/GED plus 6 years of related experience as listed above.