Las Vegas, Nevada
The Nevada Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) strategic focus is to maximize job creation and global competitiveness for minority-owned businesses (MBE’s) and to foster innovation and entrepreneurship with minority-owned businesses in high-growth industries. This is accomplished through Global Business Development, Access to Capital and Finance Management, Access to Contracts, Access to Markets, and Strategic Business Consulting.
The Nevada MBDA Business Center Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the MBDA Business Center ensuring contract compliance, program budget, developing community relationships, meeting program metrics, and creating an environment in inclusiveness. This position will also directly supervise program staff and consultants.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Personal Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Education Reimbursement by department
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent direct work experience required, Master’s degree preferred
Previous program management and supervisory experience required Must understand the principles of small business technical assistance, strategic networking, procurement, and sustainable growth strategies
Computer and Digital Proficiency
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Must have current driver’s license and must pass a background screening prior to start
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
1. Provide direct oversight of daily center operations including staffing, environment, and marketing/outreach efforts
2. Provide oversight of grant compliance; grant reporting and appropriate grant spending
3. Maintain and develop community contacts and strategic partnerships to ensure success and support for center initiatives
4. Ensure that Center team members are providing appropriate support and assistance through individual case management, trainings, technical assistance, outreach and service referrals.
5. Collaborate with team members to promote a multi-disciplinary team concept of client support
6. Participate in CPLC Nevada/Prestamos leadership and SBA required meetings, activities and events, to be an informed ambassador
7. Directly support MBE’s with strategic planning, applications for bonding, capital, and credit, procurement, and accessing Markets
8. Ensure program metrics are met through strategic planning, effective outreach, and the development of a strong network of collaboration partners including banks, Economic Development Agencies, SBA Resource partners, local and state government, chambers of commerce, and other partners focused on supporting Economic Development within Nevada
9. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English and Spanish. Provide strength based supervision to all staff members. Provide ethical and informed service in all interactions with collaborative partners, clients, staff and community & industry related stakeholders. Able to work in an active environment with clientele that require special attention.
Employee is expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building, and maintenance of management, small business support skills and SBA programs and products.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments with flexibility to meet pandemic social distancing and other government mandates to prevent the spread of COVID virus.