Internships at Cargill:
All candidates must complete Cargill’s online application prior to interviewing. Below you will find a link that will direct you to complete the application for this position. To be considered for employment with Cargill, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature. Please complete your application as soon as possible.
Internships at Cargill:
Envision an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an important part of the team! Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. As an intern, you will encounter real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and form relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce!
Sales Account Management Internship:
The Sales Account Management Intern position will provide students with an interest in Sales the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a business environment. The internship program is crafted to provide students with the opportunity to work with our business units to provide solutions to customers.
A significant project will be assigned at the beginning of the work term. The project will be substantive in nature and will build exposure to a variety of work. The internship will provide hands on experience and exposure to the selling process inclusive of working directly with the CRM tool and the sales team.
Our Salt business produces, packages and ships salt for a wide range of market segments:
+ Water conditioning
+ Chemical and packaged ice control
We operate more than 20 manufacturing, processing and warehousing locations that make salt from three major production methods:
- Mechanical evaporation at facilities in the U.S. in California, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, New York and Ohio.
- Solar evaporation and harvesting from ponds in California, Oklahoma, Utah, Bonaire in the Dutch Antilles.
- Rock salt mining from underground mines in New York and Ohio.
Our Salt services various customers ranging from home improvement, hardware, grocery, and convenience store retailers, to food makers/processors, water conditioning dealers, and foodservice and general wholesale distribution. We make more than 1,000 different salt products and package sizes. In addition, we market national and regional brands, including Diamond Crystal® branded household consumer food and water softener salt products, Champions Choice® branded agricultural products for animal feeding, as well as Cargill® and Alberger® branded specialty salt products for food manufacturing customers.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world’s largest privately held companies
- Participate in orientation, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted toward development
- Network with employees at various levels and in multiple functions within the organization
- 2-3 trips with sales team to meet with customers and/or visit our facilities
- Work on various projects that add value to the business and sales team
- Shadow other salespeople to learn about day-to-day sales activities
- Receive regular feedback on job performance
- Volunteer on community service projects across the Minneapolis/St. Paul communities
- Present a final presentation to the Salt leadership team on project outcomes, takeaways and final feedback of the internship activities and experience
- Housing assistance and relocation reimbursement are available to interns who qualify
- Internships are paid and are typically 12 weeks in duration
- Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern
- Interns who demonstrate outstanding performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an internship, co-op or full-time position for the following year
- As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off for volunteer activities
- Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are encouraged to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops across the U.S.
Your Personal Board of Directors:
We want you to excel! We strongly believe that combining your interpersonal skills and curiosity with a top team of professionals will be the combination for you to thrive. During the internship, you will have three resources assigned to you: university recruiter, supervisor and mentor. In addition to these individuals, you will also expand your network across our global business as you build your own network of resources to help you in your career.
We promote a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and maximize our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Hopkins, MN
- Office setting
- Travel approximately 20% or less
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate program (all majors considered), graduating between December 2022 – May 2023
- Right to work in the United States that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Proven ability to work optimally with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to Hopkins/Minneapolis, MN area for internship opportunity
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June – August 2022)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher based off of a 4.0 scale
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in general Business, Economics or Marketing
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.