Bio-Rad is looking for two Mechanical Technicians who get excited about prototype instrument assembly, prototype testing and analysis, and manufacturing setup! Are you passionate about being part of a team that develops products to help make a difference in the world?
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary team to enable development of next generation life science instruments.
- Perform testing and analysis of components and systems.
- Assemble and test engineering prototype instruments alongside a diverse R&D team to validate research and correlate mechanical models.
- Perform root-cause investigations on systems and components to correct problems, and improve product quality and reliability.
- Generate and release engineering documentation (initial assembly procedures, installation instructions, test reports, etc.) to support the development and manufacture of world class life science instruments.
- Ensure high work quality, timely deliverables, and provide feedback to managers on process improvements.
- Procure, set up, and maintain assembly stations, tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and test fixtures.
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or higher.
- Knowledge of and application of principles and theories of engineering.
- General understanding of instrument assembly.
- Strong communication, technical, and computer skills.
- Coordination, tact and teamwork.
- CAD experience, SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Problem solving, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble instruments.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. (18kg).
- Position involves both sitting and standing, using hands and fingers, handling or feeling objects, tools or controls, talking and hearing.
- Involves reaching with hands and arms, bend, and crawl.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves heavy objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
- May involve wearing protective work clothing.
- Works in inside environments. The noise level will vary.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.