Junior Trader Intern at Belvedere Trading – Summer 2022
At Belvedere Trading, Junior Trader Interns are some of the finance industry’s most highly motivated individuals. They have a love for the financial markets and enjoy working in teams to capitalize on derivative arbitrage opportunities. Team Belvedere is looking for current juniors who fit this bill. If you are the kind of person who loves problem solving in a fast-paced environment, you may have just found your dream job.
Don’t know a lot about trading? No sweat. Learn as much as you can in the meantime (here are some resources to get you started) but know our Belvedere Trading University (BTU) program will teach you everything you need to know once you join the team.
The secret to our award-winning culture is our Core Values: Team Belvedere, Me In Team, Own It, Iterative Innovation, and Passionate Discourse. We live and breathe these values every day. Take a moment to learn more and see if our values align with yours.
What our Junior Traders do
- Training – Engage in continuous, hands-on training that includes education on option valuation, game theory, hedging, portfolio analysis, and simulated trading games
- Daily trading activities – Assist with order execution, trade checking and trade reconciliations
- Rotations – Rotate between product groups provide a broad perspective of the marketplace and Belvedere’s trading strategies
- Desk strategy – Participate in strategy meetings and collaborate with your team on their position management
Key qualities in great candidates
- Curious – We’ll teach you everything you need to know, but we love working with people who ask questions and are eager to get involved
- Analytical – We’re looking for quantitative thinkers and master problem-solvers
- Communication – We need people who can speak confidently and concisely especially when the stakes are high
- Team player – Trading is not an isolated activity at Belvedere, so great candidates will have demonstrated success in working in team-based environments
- Knowledge of the financial markets and trading industry isn’t required, but it is a plus!
- Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023 (start date June 2022)
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rate, exchange traded fund (ETF), and equity index options. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.