Junior Hybrid Trader Intern at Belvedere Trading – Summer 2022
At Belvedere Trading, Junior Hybrid Trader Interns are some of the industry’s most quantitative problem solvers. We created this unique role to foster collaboration across our proprietary technology and trading teams. As a result, our Junior Hybrid Trader Interns participate in a hands-on rotation between Belvedere’s trading desks and development teams. On their technology rotation, Hybrid Interns are at the forefront of technology immersion as they learn best practices in software development. On their trading rotation, Hybrid Interns implement the most sophisticated trading strategies and focus on projects related to trading logic development, electronic trading strategies, and quantitative research. If you love technology and financial markets, then this position might be for you.
The secret to our award-winning culture is our Core Values: Team Belvedere, Me In Team, Own It, Iterative Innovation, and Passionate Discourse. We live and breathe these values every day. Take a moment to learn more and see if our values align with yours.
What our Junior Hybrid Trader Interns do
- Research – Participate in quantitative research and the application of quantitative strategies while learning concepts behind our core market making operations
- Daily trading activities – Assist with order execution, trade checking and trade reconciliations
- Desk strategy – Participate in strategy meetings and collaborate with your team on their position management
- Data Analysis – Perform analyses on large data sets and pull insights to support our trading strategies
- Training – Engage in continuous, hands-on training that includes education on option valuation, game theory, hedging, portfolio analysis, and simulated trading games to quickly learn the aspects of option pricing and financial engineering, both on a theoretical level and in application with Belvedere’s various strategies
Key qualities in great candidates
- Communication – We need people who can speak confidently and concisely, especially when the stakes are high
- Analytical – We’re looking for quantitative thinkers and master problem-solvers with strong data analysis skills
- Team Player – Trading and development are not isolated activities at Belvedere, so great candidates will have demonstrated success in working in team-based environments
- Curious – We’ll teach you everything you need to know, but we love working with people who ask questions and are eager to get involved
- Core development skills – You will need some training or a demonstrated ability to learn programming languages such as C++, C#, and Python
- Knowledge of the financial markets and trading industry is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position
- Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023 (start date June 2022)
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rate, exchange traded fund (ETF), and equity index options. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.