Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are currently seeking a Test Engineer I. This position located in Atlantic City, NJ.
Battelle’s Aviation Security Division provides test and evaluation services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA). The qualified candidate for this position will support Independent Test and Evaluation (IT&E) events of security technologies at the Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL). Candidate will be responsible for supporting test planning, test execution, daily reporting, data reduction and analysis, and test reporting for discrete test events of transportation security equipment for checkpoint, checked baggage, and cargo screening applications with a specific focus on the software employed in screening technologies. This testing involves the use of live explosives, simulated explosives, and mock passengers.
- Supports ongoing technical efforts associated with screening technologies by applying knowledge and training in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Performs assignments of a routine degree of complexity with moderate supervision by compiling and evaluating design and test data, preparing technical specifications, analyzing technical data to determine appropriate limits and variables for product, process or materials specifications.
- Conducts testing with moderate supervision and assists in the interpretation of results and writing of sections of technical reports, in some cases, specifically related to software and its applications in screening technologies.
- Support the preparation of project results, both orally and in written form and is expected to interface daily with clients and stakeholders on-site.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret Clearance
- Active DHS Suitability
- The candidate must have at least a BS in computer science or software engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university and 0-2 years of work experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Significant experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Candidates should be highly motivated and self-starters with a strong desire to learn.
- The candidate must be able to travel. Travel is expected to be 15-25%.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Experience designing, developing, or analyzing software.
- Experience designing and executing test events to evaluate the performance of security screening technologies deployed by TSA for checkpoint and checked baggage screening.
- Experience with Explosive Detection Systems (EDS), Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT), Explosive Trace Detection (ETD), Advanced Technology (AT) X-ray systems, and other TSA-deployed screening technologies.
- Experience and associated training to support work with explosive materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
As a condition of employment, Battelle will inquire about COVID vaccination status, and in the event that vaccinations are mandated at a work location (including client site and Battelle sites) we expect all candidates to comply with these required safety protocols.
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers