BAE Systems is seeking summer Interns in various technical fields such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, and other science.
Interns will support systems or software development for multiple projects selected to demonstrate technical concepts and explore potential solutions for our customers. They will develop technical skills and expand their industry knowledge across a broad range of projects and tasks. Interns will be organized into work teams and will be active in task planning and execution, staff meetings, customer meetings (as appropriate), and technical discussions.
The Interns will gain experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Designing and building models
- Cyber security engineering
- Automation of cloud
- Preparing software builds and documentation
- Software unit testing
- Systems level testing
- Assisting in meeting software schedules
- Assisting with Configuration Management
- Updating / auditing software & systems administration processes
In addition to on-the-job training, the I&S Internship Program offers:
- Competitive Pay: Earn a competitive hourly wage, working full-time (Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week) through the program (typically mid-May through August).
- Opportunity for Future Employment: Many of our I&S interns return as interns and/or are hired on full-time after completing their degree.
- Challenging & Meaningful Work: Your work will be challenging and impactful with on-the-job training and the opportunity to complete a summer project.
- Networking and Development Opportunities: You will have the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships as you participate in workshops, mentoring programs, presentations with senior leaders, community involvement, tours of our exciting products, and other networking and development events.
In order to be eligible for the Intern Program, applicants must be registered in a 4-year university
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Completion of the Junior year in a 4-year science, engineering or math program
- Completion of introductory programming or engineering classes
- Group or individual project experience
Required Skills :
- U.S. Citizenship
- Engineering, science, or math background
- Unix or Linux / Windows experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Full stack development
- Python/Java/C++ or other object oriented program design and development
- Database experience with SQL and no-SQL
- Agile software development