Find your purpose, gain real-world experience and develop lasting mentor relationships!
As an AVANGRID intern, you will be part of our team by supporting the company’s strategic direction while tackling unique industry challenges. During this internship, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside mentors and professionals who rank among the best in their fields. This program is a key pipeline for full-time opportunity and development programs at AVANGRID. As part of our intern program, you may be exposed to several areas, working on special projects as assigned.
Our Business Strategy & Development Internship covers a spectrum of business groups front and center as it comes to organizational strategy and growth. These groups include, but are not limited to: CEO Office, Business Development, Mergers & Acquisition, Offshore Development, Power Trading and Smart Grids Innovation. As part of the program, you’ll partake in key projects focused on innovation, modelling, research, financing and data analytics. We expect all of our interns to contribute and bring fresh perspective to Avangrid leadership as we evolve at the forefront of the Energy industry. As part of the Avangrid Business Strategy & Development internship, we look for critical thinkers who can help shape our approach to the future of the organization.
The Opportunity Includes:
· A dynamic 10-week internship program
· Participate in a dynamic internship program where you’ll work on innovative projects
· Collaborate in an innovative and energized environment with a chance to make an impact.
· Create a comprehensive presentation of your work completed during the program for presentation to the wider organization at the conclusion of the program.
· Undertake cross-functional activities to broaden your knowledge of AVANGRID and its companies
· Interaction, networking and exposure to various levels of leadership and management
· Amazing mentorship opportunities
· Top summer interns may be eligible to receive full time offers to join the team or the Avangrid Leadership training program, AGILE, following the successful completion of their degree
What you need:
Skills & Abilities:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· A desire to further develop skills in modelling, research, data analytics, financing
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
· Ability to learn quickly
· Creative and innovative thinking
Education & Experience Required:
· Sophomores or Juniors currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or 1st year Masters/MBA Students or has at least one more semester remaining to graduate
· Preferred concentrations in fields that cultivate strategy and analytical skills, such as Engineering, Data Analytics, Finance and Business Administration
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship
WHERE do students work?
AVANGRID’s energy delivery companies include:
· Berkshire Gas Company (BGC)
· Central Maine Power (CMP)
· New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG)
· Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E)
· United Illuminating (UIL), Southern Connecticut Gas (SCG),
· Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation (CNG)
· Renewables (REN)
For more information, visit: www.avangrid.com
And apply at: AVANGRID Careers or 2022 Summer Business Strategy & Development Intern
Due COVID, AVANGRID may take a hybrid virtual/in-person approach for our summer program.
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About AVANGRID (BGC, CNG, CMP, NYSEG, RG&E, UI, SCG, NYSEG, REN)
AVANGRID (NYSE: AGR) is a
diversified energy and utility company with operations in 24 states. As a
leading sustainable energy company, we operate 8 electric and gas utilities
with smart networks in the Northeast, serving ~3.2M customers. We are one of the
country’s largest producers of clean power through wind energy, with wind and
solar operations in 22 states. We are looking for innovators, go-getters and
change-markers as we continue to grow as a U.S. leader in energy.
Binghamton, New York, United States
Lancaster, New York, United States
Brunswick, Maine, United States
Rochester, New York, United States
Augusta, Maine, United States
Orange, Connecticut, United States