Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Utilizing financial systems to assist the Senior Project Controls/Project Commercial Manager in reviewing, monitoring and reporting project financial results and other performance parameters
- Assisting in preparing resource plans for projects
- Assisting with setting up job codes and budgets, and monitoring and reporting on progress
- Assisting with the collection, review and compilation of timesheets for time basis jobs
- Interfacing with the design team to track and compile engineering progress information to assist EV analysis
- Assisting with preparation of monthly client invoices.
- Compiling expense backup and assisting with preparing project expense invoices
- Assisting with tracking of Sub-contractor costs, reviewing invoices and monitoring payments
- Logging and tracking scope changes and assisting in issuing change order requests
- Support in the preparation of basic project schedules
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Top applicants will possess excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day
- Delta Sky Way at LAX
- USC Village
- LA Memorial Coliseum
- The Broad Museum
- LACMTA Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.