Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Give structure to facades concepts / ideas – sketching, reports, sketchbooks, spreadsheets and analyses for discussion with Architects and clients
- Engage teams of architects and engineers focused on the 3D modeling (geometrical and detailing) of complex facades;
- Carry out structural, thermal and energy modeling of building enclosure details and systems;
- Utilize advanced analysis programs and techniques (CFD, finite element and microclimate) to understand building envelope physics and façade design;
- Undertake engineering façade calculations with various materials, including structural glass, aluminum, stainless steel, wood, stone and precast concrete
- Produce details and drawings using various 2D and 3D CAD and graphics packages;
- Perform technical reviews of shop drawings and construction administration submittals to ensure air, water, thermal, seismic, acoustic and structural performance
- Interpret specifications and design documents and write reports summarizing conditions
- Carry out mock-up, factory and field inspections and investigations
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Architecture or related Science discipline
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Core interest in the façade industry with emphasis on detailing and engineering
- Good sketching skills and an ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Currently pursuing Master’s degree with emphasis on architecture and engineering
- Coursework in façade engineering / building envelope physics / energy/thermal modeling skills
- Structural software skills, AutoCad skills, 3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
- FE/EIT certification
- Membership in ASHRAE, ASME, ASCE or Society of Facade Engineering
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Delta Sky Way at LAX
- Northeastern ISEC
- Capital One Performing Arts Center
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art Skylight Replacement
- Columbia Business School
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.