Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Structural software skills (training course, on-the-job)
• Structural analysis modeling (on-the-job)
• Learning about the Arup Structural Skills Network (introduction course, on-the-job)
• Learning to navigate through codes and/or guidelines.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering and a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with emphasis on Structures
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
• Knowledge in Civil Engineering Fundamentals
• Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design and advanced reinforced concrete design
• Interest in the design of bridges, non-building structures and/or infrastructure
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm and eagerness to learn.
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Coursework in structural dynamics, earthquake engineering
• Structural software skills, AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
• Experience in writing code/script. Experience with database software
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
• 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
• Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
• Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
• Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
• WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
• Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
• Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
• Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
• LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
• Queen’s Way West Revitalization, Canada
• Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.