Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in deploying first principles and beyond code approaches to solve structural problems
- Developing finite element and response history analysis models and interpreting results
- Collaborating with other engineers and consultants on innovative buildings and infrastructure projects
- Exposure to design and analysis of structures under blast loading
- Contributing to threat and vulnerability assessments for security conscious clients
- Contributing to the design and specification of physical security solutions
- Currently pursuing Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Fundamental knowledge of structural mechanics and dynamics
- Interest and preferably experience in finite element analysis
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Currently pursuing Master’s degree in civil or structural engineering
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Experience with LS-DYNA, Hypermesh, Strand7, and other FEA tools
- Formal training in advanced topics such as structural dynamics, solid mechanics, materials, blast and impact engineering, materials or others
- Proven interest in the field of structural analysis and complex problem solving
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- Crossrail, London, UK
- Fulton Street Transit Center, New York
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.