Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Proficiency with drafting and modeling software including AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, drawings, and models
- Understanding of Infrastructure engineering design practices and workflows for various Infrastructure disciplines including Aviation, Bridges, Rail, Roadways, Grading and Drainage, Tunneling, & Utilities.
- Ability to work with engineering staff to interpret sketches or design ideas and convey the information onto technical drawings
- Understand and follow CAD standards
- Work closely with engineers and designers to produce models and plans, and help automate processes
- Work across disciplines to gain an appreciation of each role
- Engage in the development of office/client BIM procedures and standards and facilitate their implementation into projects.
- Currently pursuing a degree or certification in Engineering Technology, CAD/BIM design, or a related field
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- AutoCAD or MicroStation experience
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to understand and visualize spatial relationships of complex geometry
- Professional demeanor
- Good time management skills
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future, to be considered for this role
- Degree or certification in Engineering Technology, CAD/BIM design, or a related field
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Microstation Experience
- Civil 3D experience
- Experience with technical drawing or model building
- InRoads knowledge
- Scripting/Coding knowledge
- Revit/Dynamo knowledge
- Navisworks knowledge
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our BIM discipline include:
- Delta | Skyway at LAX
- LAX Receiving Station X at Los Angeles Int’l Airport
- Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement, Long Beach
- I-405 Widening in Orange County
- Taylor Yard Pedestrian Bridge, Los Angeles
- LAWA Roadways Utilities Enabling Works
- Guggenheim, Abu Dhabi
- Los Angeles Parks and Recreation Projects
- LA Bureau of Engineering Street and Corridor Improvement Projects
- Finch West LRT, Canada
- Corpus Christi Bridge, Texas
- Glendale Freeway Cap
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.